Tuesday, November 18, 2008

An Old Project Dies

I went to the Draw today to climb on Cosmic Tricycle SD. I invited a bunch of people out like I always do, but everyone ended up coming today. Pat, Bryan, Steven, and I rode out there in my truck, and Eric and his friend met us out there. Pat and I were the only ones to go over to Puzzle Box. I first tried Cosmic Tricycle SD on my first visit to Flagstaff. I was able to do all the moves quickly so I thought that I would finish it fast. This wasn't the case. I didn't do it that trip, nor on my summer trip during School Orientation. I tried it when I got here in the fall, and the kneebar was too painful. On my first attempt today I fell on the last move to the lip bucket. I rested for a half hour and then sent on my second try. I started working the moves to Huffalufagus, the extension that finishes on PuzzleBox. I think it will go, but it definitely feels harder than Cosmic Tricycle SD. Pat made progress on Pufferfish. He did the crux, and still has a few more moves to decipher. Then we headed over to Floorpie. That's such a good rock climb that I hadn't done in a few weeks. Pat started working Floorpie and also Twister. Twister is really cool too, but it has a kind of sharp pocket on it. I was able to repeat that one too. We finished the night out over at Antimatter. I wasn't really serious about trying the climb, but I just wanted to toughen up my tips for Bishop this next week.

No comments: