Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back in the Hueco Tanks Part II

I climbed 2 more days in Hueco before heading back to Flag. I went to East on the first day, and West the second day. On East I failed miserably on Shake N Bake. I did some new rock climbs at the top of East. I did The Fin and Winged Victory at the Aircraft Carrier. The Fin is a super classic rock climb that climbs an overhanging feature with a sloping landing. Winged Victory is a steep climb with a big move off of a toe hook. I couldn't get the toe hook to stay so I ended up campusing the crux. I typically try to use my feet and technique first but it seems that this wasn't the case on this rock climb. Later we went to a cool boulder that has Lithologic and Bulb of Percussion. Both these climb up a 40 degree overhang with cool moves and nice scenery. On the day I went to West we warmed up at the Round Room, and then went to Adventureland so I could try Best of the Best. I managed to do it second go of the day, although it was definitely a fight to the end. After that we climbed Life Begins At 40 which is cool roof bloc that never gets wet. Then we went to Camel Toe. I repeated Camel Toe since I haven't done it since I was 16, and then started working the extension. I managed to do the extension first try and finished it feet first. We hiked up to Bodysnatcher to end the day. On the heinous hike up there we saw a cool looking arch with a bunch of chalk on it. I definitely want to check it out next time I'm in Hueco.

No comments: