Thursday, March 8, 2012

Egyptian Sector

I added a new circuit to my regimen at the Egyptian Sector. I captured video of Floorpie, Lumberjack, Saltine Crack Whore, and Action Deluxe (aka the Egyptian). I do this circuit in addition to Pasty Gangster and the Quad Crown.









I participated in a competition for the first time since high school. I competed in the Battle in the Fish Bowl Bouldering Competition (FBBC) at the NAU climbing wall. The more difficult advanced problems were set poorly (meaning that the setters simply put heinous holds far apart with inadequate feet without trying the moves or fore running), but the problems in the easier range were well set. This limitation turned the redpoint format into essentially a flash comp. Overall, the event was well organized and ran smoothly. However, the prizes could have been assigned to each place, instead of on a first come first serve basis starting with the beginner categories. There was a strong field of competitors and surprisingly large turnout in advanced. I placed 2nd in the advanced category.

No comments: