Monday, November 30, 2009

Hueco Tanksgiving

Rumble In The Jungle

I made the trek down to The Hueco Tanks for Tanksgiving this year. I had spent the previous 4 Thanksgivings at Hueco until last year when I decided to do something different and go to Bishop. This year there wasn't a huge turnout in comparison to earlier years. I think this has something to do with the redesigned reservation system, in which a person can reserve spots using a parks pass instead of a credit card. It seems that North Mountain is easy to get into because any unclaimed reservations are given to the general public at 10 AM. I climbed on Rumble In The Jungle this trip. I finally made progress on my high point for the first time since I started working the climb my 4 winters ago. I fell slapping the jug on the lip, so there is a definite possibility of finishing this one off this season. I modified my beta slightly with AO's heel toe cam beta. Pat nearly did Better Eat Your Wheaties on this trip, but had to stop trying it after he tweaked his finger. Sam and I climbed on Shake N Bake on our last day. Shake N Bake climbs a sloper compression roof with foot smears to transfer heel hooks. We were able to fine tune some beta, but I think it needs to get dryer and colder before I attempt to link it. I'll be back down there guiding in 10 days.

No comments: