Saturday, July 18, 2009

RMNP

Eternia
Riddles in the Dark

Summer temps are here. I've been climbing at the alpine boulders of RMNP to escape the heat. Chaos Canyon is at an elevation of 10,000 feet. The Granite boulders are some of the best in the country with angles of all kinds from roof to slab. Most of the holds are skin friendly as they are flat and at a 90 degree angle with the wall. I hiked up to Eternia which involves a 3.5 mile hike uphill and through talus at elevation. Eternia is a granite roof that is similar to Hueco and the Draw. I'm psyched to do this climb, but it requires 4+ pads. I've been climbing on Riddles in the Dark. The landing is much better than 2 years ago when I was here, because there is snow to level it out. I made progress by finishing all the moves. I climbed on Whispers of Wisdom at Emerald lake. I figured out the bottom sequence, but I'm still trying to figure out the top section. The photo is of Riddles in the Dark on my first visit to the park 2 years ago.

No comments: