Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mt. Evans



The Dali
Mirror Mask

Big Worm

I finally made it to Mt. Evans. I've been wanting to check this place out for a few years. The high altitude bouldering in Colorado is some of the best in North America. I climbed on a compression roof called Big Worm. This is one of the hardest problems I've ever climbed on, and it is definitely my hardest project. The stand start to Big Worm is called Mirror Mask. I climbed this problem in a few tries. The problem went down much quicker than I thought it would. I've lost less power than I had previously thought. My visit to Mt. Evans and the Park has made me super motivated to get stronger and build more power for next season. Next summer I'm going to try to find work in Colorado so I can climb at the Park and Evans for several months.

No comments: