Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Pit/ Priest Draw

I went to The Pit on Friday with Pat. We warmed up on Popeye Meets the Burrito Master before heading over to the Abyss. I'm starting to feel like I'm in really good route shape. I skipped a bolt on the Abyss on accident. Pat finished the Abyss. I climbed on the Pulse after that. The Pulse is a 4 bolt roof with a cruxy lip finish. I sent the Pulse on my third try, and now it is my hardest route to date. After that, Pat climbed on the Energizer and nearly sent. I did God Walks Among Us on my second try.

The next night we went to The Draw after I got off work. There is still snow on the turnoff for the forest road, so we hiked in. We climbed at the Twister roof. Steven nearly sent his project called Twister Direct. I worked on the Egyptian and was able to figure out all the moves. The Egyptian is a classic boulder problem featured in Rampage. The Egyptian powers out the roof to double gastons that require shoulder power, and finishes by toe hooking the lip. I also climbed Floor Pie again at the end of the session. Pat worked on Floor Pie some more, and started working Black Hole.

No comments: