Saturday, December 6, 2008

Kelly Canyon


Pat, Eric, Zac, and I went (or tried to go) to Cherry Canyon Today. I have only been to Cherry once, and that was back in June. We drove around for a while and I couldn't find it so we went to Kelly Canyon. We warmed up in the trailer park area, and I did a new climb. I did the steep overhang 2nd try. It was a pretty good climb. Then we went to Dope Lounge. Dope Lounge is by far one of the best climbs in Northern Arizona. I repeated it, and Eric was super close. Pat and Zac were getting to the crux throw. It was pretty cold down in the canyon so I tried to do it static to stay warm. After a few tries I was able to do the crux throw by locking off. I found new beta for the top too, which is much easier. My feet don't even cut on the climb anymore. Then we went and climbed on a semi-steep wall halfway back to the trailer park area. I worked on this compression problem with a strange toe hook for a bit. I was able to do some of the moves, but it will definitely take some work to figure out the rest.

No comments: