Thursday, October 23, 2008

Draw Update

Pat, Jamie, and I went to the draw last night. We went to Bat Roof where it seems like a million other people decided to show up. Jamie made a lot of progress on the Bat Roof. After climbing there for a bit we headed down to Anorexic Roof. Pat finished his project Anorexic within a few goes. Nice work Pat. I climbed on BK Broiler and managed to make some progress. I can link all the moves from the start to the last hard move. I still haven't done that last move though. Basically for the end you have right hand on an undercling and left hand on a really sharp crimp in the roof. You have to walk your feet out in front of you and bury a right toe hook, which you use to bump your left hand to another bad crimp. Then you throw the other left toe hook and have to let go with your right hand and fall in to a bad pinch. The move is a little scary because if you miss it you fly down the hill, not to mention the fact that you're horizontal about 6 feet above the pads. I started to learn the move so we'll see what happens whenever I get back out there. I'm headed to Joe's Valley for the weekend.

No comments: